Desired Results for Student Learning
Handley Middle School
The desired results for student learning for all students who exit Handley Middle School at the end of eighth grade are:
1. Students will demonstrate effective oral, written, and listening communication skills.
2. Students will demonstrate the ability to perform basic competencies in all academic areas as outlined by the Alabama Course of Study.
3. Students will demonstrate effective study and test taking skills, including organization, time, and stress management.
4. Students will demonstrate the ability to answer comprehensive questions and to follow directions by reading and listening.
5. Students will demonstrate the ability to use technological tools for learning.
6. Students will accept responsibility for themselves, set realistic personal and academic goals, and demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to lifelong learning.
7. Students will demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with peers to solve problems using a variety of strategies.
8. Students will demonstrate the ability to read and understand at or above his/her grade level for both academic studies and pleasure.
Tuesday, May 21st, 2013